Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sunday Brunch: San Lorenzo's


San Lorenzo's, a small restaurant on Dublin's George's Street, is infamous for its #BrunchofChampions. I had been dying to try it out and finally got amy chance today. Having researched the menu before I went, I thought I knew exactly what I wanted. However, once I got there and saw all of the food coming out of the kitchen I couldn't make up my mind. Everything just looked so damn good!! I sipped a Pavarotti (elderflower and Prosecco) cocktail while I was rereading the menu, which was delicious and refreshing. All that was missing was some fresh berries, but I won't hold it against them!

In the end, I went with the Pan-Fried Pulled Ham Hock Potato Cakes which were served with 2 poached eggs, home fries and a mustard sauce. These were unbelievably sublime. The potato cakes fell apart and melted in your mouth and the eggs were cooked to perfection. However, it was the mustard sauce that won it for me. It was simply beautiful and really tied the whole dish together. 

For dessert, we decided to share the dish that put San Lorenzo's on the map: the Coco Pops Crunchy French Toast with salt caramelised bananas, peanut butter, mascarpone whipped cream and Belgian chocolate sauce. Although incredibly rich, the balance between the sweet and salty, the hot and cold, the soft and crunchy, kept you coming back for more and we cleared the plates in minutes. 

I would highly recommend San Lorenzo's for brunch, and will definitely be back to try out their evening menu. But make sure you book in advance as the place was packed to the rafters - and deservedly so! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jen Holly | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig